Wednesday 15 May 2013

Rainy days and Mondays

Where has the spring weather gone? The past week or so it has been lovely and sunny and warm everyday, I actually thought the weather was starting to improve and it was actually going to stay warm. But no. British weather doesn't work that way.

Saturday was filled with constant rain and hail and hail and rain. It was the kind of weather where you stepped outside for a few seconds you would be soaked head to toe. So I decided the rest of the day would be better spent inside, curled up on the sofa under my big fluffy blanket in front of the fire and reading my book and a few blogs. Perfect.


Sunday, the weather was..better..but still pretty gloomy so, again, I retreated to the sofa and watched 3 of my favourite films - Les Miserables, Pitch Perfect and In Time. On top of that, my dad made burgers. I don't know what he puts in them but oh my god they're delicious. I'd choose home-made over McDonalds any day!



To be honest, if I'm actually inside and out of the cold, I find the rain pretty relaxing. Just the sound of it pattering against the windows can send me off to sleep at night or just relax and de-stress me completely.

Just so you know, I've had 'Rainy days and Mondays always get me dowwnn' in my head for the whole time I was writing this post. 

How was your weekend?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment